Reporting an issue
Create an issue on GitHub to report a bug or request a feature.
Please include relevant details like:
- what you were doing when the issue occurred
- any logs or error messages that were displayed
- your virtool version
- your operating system and browser version
Requesting a feature
Create an issue on GitHub to request a feature.
Before requesting a feature, please:
- check that it has not already been requested in an existing issue
- remember that Virtool is intended as a diagnostic tool, not a research tool
You see a fatal error message similar to the following when starting Virtool:
inotify.calls.InotifyError: Call failed (should not be -1): (-1) ERRNO=(0)
Virtool uses inotify to keep track of changes to files in its data and watch paths.
This error indicates that the system inotify watch limit is too low. You can increase it.
/etc/sysctl.conf and add or update the following configuration line:
fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 524288
Save the changes using the following command:
sudo sysctl -p --system