- Track samples from creation to analysis.
- Quickly and easily search and filter sample records.
- Create sample records from paired and unpaired FASTQ files
Error correction, trimming, and quality assessment is performed
View sample quality metrics generated during import in clean,
Analysis and graphics based on
FastQC, the most commonly used
next-gen QC tool.
- Export quality graphics to PDF.
Quickly assess sample libraries for the presence of viruses in
Virtool's reference database.
Based on tools such as
Use our novel analytical pipeline, NuVs, to find previously unknown viruses.
Uses SPAdes and
- Maintain multiple reference sets for different classes of pathogens or
Easily browse and edit the organizational taxonomic units (OTUs) in a
- Easily create and edit OTUs without editing files
- Track and detect multiple isolates or strains of an OTU
Enter multiple sequence segments and automatically retrieve data
based on Genbank accessions
- Track every change ever made to an OTU
- Easily revert uncommitted changes
Follow a natural versioning lifecycle by building optimized mapping
indexes when valid changes have been made to the reference
Create subtraction indexes for removing unwanted sequencing data
Manage and track resource-intensive tasks such as analyses or sample
- Find out where indiviual jobs are in there lifecycles
Add or remove users and control their access and permissions.
- Assign group ownership and rights to samples
Control reference access and modification rights by user and group
- Restrict activity using group permissions
Easily Track and Install Software Updates
- Automatically track software updates for Virtool
- Install updates from within the web interface